3Shape Releases 3Shape CAMbridge™ 2012 - Automated Manufacturing Solution
More speed, more automation and extended pre-configuration support for a wide range of popular manufacturing machines
December, 2012 - 3Shape announces the launch of its latest CAM software release – 3Shape CAMbridge™ 2012 - an innovative digital solution that automates the manufacturing of CAD designs.
With this latest 3Shape CAMbridge™ 2012 release, 3Shape is providing dental restoration and hearing instruments manufacturing services with new levels of automation and productivity through features for efficient milling, 3D printing and laser sintering of even complex designs. 3Shape CAMbridge™ is also being successfully applied in an important variety of other industries, including Orthodontics and the production of industrial parts.
“We have extracted many best practices gathered from high volume production sites, and included these as functions in a user friendly and effective software solution,“ says Carsten Eliot, Product Manager for 3Shape CAMbridge™. “The new 3Shape CAMbridge™ now includes support for even more 3D printers, Laser Sinters and other additive fabrication machines. 3Shape CAMbridge™ directly supports milling of a wide range of dental indications using intelligent pre-configuration of popular milling machines,” concludes Carsten Eliot.
New features and improvements in 3Shape CAMbridge™ 2012 include:
- Faster calculations and a highly responsive user interface
- Enhanced auto-repair functionality for STL files
- Improved manual editing and item inspection (milling targets , angled supports, resized supports, 3D orientation, slice inspection)
- Many new features for RP machines such as Slicing&Hatching, Bars and new support types.
- Support for additional RP machines.
- New Milling machines functionalities: Sintering holders can be added to designs, pre-view of grinding/wet milling strategies, tools and fixtures optimized for ivoclar vivadent IPS e.max, 3M ESPE Lava Ultimate Restorative and VITA VITABLOCS*; 5-axis continuous machining*
(* feature available through later update - expected Q1-2013)
3Shapes CAMbridge™ is designed for full and seamless integration with 3Shapes Dental System, Ortho Analyzer and Hearing System. 3Shape CAMbridge™ is also open to other CAD systems, making it a good choice for general production purposes as well.
Read more about 3Shape CAMbridge™ here.