New ways to increase productivity and speed up your workflow
3Shape introduced today at Midwinter our updated D2000 dental lab scanner. The updated D2000 features new enhancements to reduce even more time and steps in your workflow.
Five new ways the D2000 shortens your workflow:
- Optimized processing speed – creates faster performance and better scanning workflows for several indications – Shortens waiting time between creating orders and starting the scan, and enables technicians to begin next scan without having to wait for post-processing.
- Calibrated Transfer-plates solution – enables the precise capture of the bite and the model’s position in the articulator to save a step in the workflow. Works with any articulator.
- Impression scanning – Multi-line scanning in the D2000 improves coverage and performance for accurate scanning of impressions to enable restorative design without the need to pour gypsum models. Software update expected July 2016.
- All-in-One scanning of triple-tray impressions – Special mount enables triple-tray scanning capture of upper, lower and bite in one scan.
- Improved workflows for single-tray impressions – Provides support for single tray impression-scanning including bite alignment.
Impression scanning – the future is now
The D2000 and the smaller D1000 lab scanner feature multi-line techonology. Multi-line technology utilizes multiple scan lines in a single shot to significantly improve cavity and impression capture.
This enables the D2000 and D1000 to accurately scan analog impressions sent to your lab by a dentist. This in turn, eliminates the need for you having to pour or create a gypsum model from the impression. This saves several steps in your workflow and allows you to print instead, cost effective 3D models derived from the analog impression if you need a physical working model. Technology will be available in the July 2016 software update.
“Impression scanning is today's reality and the future. No waiting for models to set, no plaster inaccuracies and we reduce costs. Every lab should invest in this technology,” Carlo Backes, Excent Tandtechniek BV, Holland.
Upcoming Dental System™ 2016
Midwinter and Lab Day visitors also got a sneak peek at the upcoming Dental System 2016 to be released later in the year. The new software has added many advanced tools while strengthening overall system stability. Providing you with even more indications, tools and libraries as well as integrated and intuitive workflows with leading 3D printers and milling machines.
All 3Shape software will soon be integrated under one platform – Dental Desktop. Dental Desktop brings all your 3Shape digital dental applications: Dental System, Implant Studio, 3Shape Orthodontics, TRIOS and integrated milling and printing solutions into one single interface. You no longer need to open and close programs, or import and export between systems.