Implant Studio™ 2015 software released featuring workflows for edentulous patients
Copenhagen, September 8, 2015 – 3Shape releases Implant Studio™ 2015 software.The 2015 version of the digital implant planning and surgical guide solution adds several new features including implant workflows for edentulous patients.
Implant Studio™ enables dental practices and labs to plan and perform single to complex implant procedures by considering the esthetics and intended final restoration as well as the overall clinical situation.Furthermore, dental professionals can design and output surgical drill guides ready for printing or milling – making surgical drill guides more accessible and affordable.
Implant Studio™ does this by merging CT/CBCT images with 3D impression scans (STL files) from digital intraoral scanners such as 3Shape TRIOS®, for example.The data sets are then used to create virtual tooth setups for prosthetic driven implant planning.Digitally-enabled insight that allows dental professionals to consider all aspects of the implant treatment including vertical dimensions, the restorative platform and available soft tissue.
The data from Implant Studio™ can then seamlessly be shared with 3Shape’s dental lab solution, Dental System™ for the restorative design and milling workflow steps.
“3Shape CAD/CAM solutions are so important because they enable us to work with and have confidence in all different patient data sets.From CBCT and intraoral scans to the clinical situation and restorative production, 3Shape has met our goal in allowing us to design all cases with consistent data across a totally uniform platform.Implant Studio™ is the final key to this complete integration and for planning and achieving predictable implant procedures,” says Dr. Alan Jurim, dentist and dental lab owner, New York, USA.
New Implant Studio™ 2015 features include:
- Edentulous workflows – step-by step workflows for implant planning and designing surgical guides for completely edentulous patients
- Two-piece edentulous surgical guide design option – create innovative split edentulous surgical guides with two separate connecting pieces to improve accessibility during surgery for the dentist
- Flexible tools and workflows to support all major implant planning and treatment scenarios
- Communications & Snapshot Tools – to seamlessly share images and comments between dental practices and labs
- Open platform for all key elements - access implant libraries from all major implant manufacturers - open to DICOM CT scans from all CT/CBCT manufacturers and open STL output for guide manufacturing
Implant Studio™ 2015 is available in the EU and several other countries.The release in the USA market will be announced seperately once available.Please contact your 3Shape reseller to learn more.
The first version of Implant Studio™ was released in April, 2014.
Learn more about Implant Studio 2015 at: http://www.3shape.com/new+products/implant+studio/cad+software
Download as PDF